This simple recipe evolved from a different recipe, each time I made it I tried to make it so it fit my time schedule and our family life. In the end, this recipe developed and it is definitely a family favorite!
The name “Mom’s Famous Potatoes” came from my boys. They love the recipe, and came up with the name.
Then I started serving it when we have guests, because not only is it quick and easy to pop in the oven, it serves anywhere from 15-20 guests, and is cheap to make!
If we have several families, I will double the recipe. And if there are leftovers, we gladly gobble them up later.
The ingredient list is simple: I use organic baby yellow potatoes because they cook really well, and I chose organic because they are a veggie that actually touches the dirt and we eat the skin of the potato! I use unsalted butter, shredded parmesan cheese (I get this brad from Aldi), I use a seasoning that I buy from a local meat market that consists of seasoned salt, garlic powder and accent. Then for the tops of the potatoes once in the pan, I spray them with my organic olive oil cooking spray then dust them with my Pink Himalayan salt.
I cook them between 35-45 minutes. You just have to keep an eye on when they start to dimple up and look cooked.
Take them out and let them rest for at least 5 minutes. This give the cheese a chance to firm back up.
YUM. We love these potatoes around here. We hope you enjoy them also!
Mom’s Famous Potatoes
- 1 bag baby yellow potatoes, organic
- 1 stick real butter, unsalted
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbsp seasoning (I use a blend of seasoning salt, garlic powder and accent)
- sprinkling Himalayan Pink Salt
- cooking spray, organic I use olive oil spray
- Preheat your oven to 425 degreesMelt your stick of butter in a glass baking cup.On a large cookie sheet with sides, or a jelly roll pan, pour the melted butter. Make sure butter covers the entire bottom of the pan (you may have to push it around a bit). Sprinkle the seasoning of choice on top of the butter evenly. Then proceed to sprinkle on the parmesan cheese, evenly as well.Wash up your potatoes. Then cut them in half down the center.Place your potatoes on top of the ingredients already in the pan. Potatoes can be touching.Spray the tops of the potatoes to coat with cooking spray. Then sprinkle with the Himalayan Pink Salt (the cooking spray helps the salt stick).Carefully place your pan in the oven for approximately 35-45 minutes. A knife stick into the potatoes should slide in and out easily when they are cooked through. And potatoes will start to appear browned, wrinkly or dimpled.Carefully remove pan, there is melted butter in the pan! Let sit for about 10 minutes to let the cheese on the bottom start to firm up.Serve & Enjoy!