If you watch the news at all, you leave the channel or the website and feel heavy. There is so much bad out there. So many things to weigh us down. TOO MANY people who are supposedly fighting for good but still feel the need to drag people through the mud.
Today, I am going to list 10 things that we can be happy about, and then whenever you feel sad, you can just think about these! (I seriously heard the Sound of Music in my mind.)
- Friendship and Love- I am thankful for this because whatever that looks like whether it’s with our spouse, friend, family member, etc- there is always someone that loves you! And above that, the Creator of the Universe has a love that has no end for you!
- Laughter- Truly, when I hear some people laugh, it is CONTAGIOUS! I’ve heard a quote “How wonderful it is that we laugh because our bodies cannot contain the joy.” -unknown
- Children- Children are loving of all, and see no barriers. Many are fearless. They can walk up to another child and become instant friends. “That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up.” -Walt Disney
- Our Senses- What a beautiful, wonderful world we live in. All of the sights and smells around us. The birds singing, the waves crashing. The taste of fresh fruit. The feel of a baby bird’s feathers. As some of you know, when you are laking in one of these senses, it is missed! When you have them, appreciate them!
- Modern Medicine- I think about how cool it would be to live without phones and technology. How simple life would be. But the advances of modern medicine are something to be thankful for. If you have given birth to a child, or ever had a broken bone, we can all agree to some extent, we are thankful for the advancements that have been made!
- Transportation- Another advancement that I am thankful for. Without it, I would have never been able to go to some of the places I have been- Nicaragua, Dominican Republic, California! Can you imagine having to have taken a horse and wagon, or to paddle your own boat to one of these places?!
- Electricity- I’m obviously sticking to the technology idea here but isn’t it wonderful that you can have lights, heating/cooling, warm showers? You don’t realize how much these mean until you are in an impoverished country!
- All Ways of Communication- Telephones, internet, even snail mail! Life is better when you can pick up the phone or get on your computer and get ahold of a loved one.
- Freedoms- While we could argue all kinds of things about this, I am thankful that we have freedoms that we can enjoy here in the US. I can go to church, I can travel where I want, I can learn, I can do things as a woman that many parts of the world cannot, and vote!
- You are Alive! Today you are here. You are breathing, your heart is beating and you are alive. I am happy you are alive and so are many others in your life. You were created for a purpose. You are special and unique. Get out there and shine! Make today count!
I know it’s not Thanksgiving, but we need to think about all of those things in life that make us happy, and remember what we are thankful for. We all have different versions of what this looks like for us but hopefully this helped you remember a few things to be happy about today!
Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you stop back in the future! If you’d like, you can subscribe to my blog HERE. Or you can follow me on a variety of other social media listed at the top of the page! I hope you have an amazing weekend, and we will see you again soon!